The perfect smooth, savory topping for your freshly-baked bread, this seasonal spread with notes of herbs and garlic can also serve as a culinary workhorse for easy, delicious meals. Try topping baked or roasted seafood and meats, dressing raw or steamed vegetables, or simply tossing a healthy spoonful into a bowl of warm, drained pasta for an effortless lunch. Yield: Approximately 1½ cups
- 1 cup artichoke hearts
- 1 Tbsp minced chives
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- ½ stick unsalted butter, sliced into pats, brought to room temperature
- 2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly squeezed lemon juice, to taste
- In a food processor, pulse artichoke hearts, chives, and garlic clove together into a fine and relatively uniform chop. Add butter pats and process until well combined. Pour olive oil in a thin stream as processor runs, until creamy, smooth texture is achieved. Add lemon juice and salt to taste, processing to combine well.
- Refrigerate for up to a week, removing only the quantity you wish to serve at one time. Bring to room temperature to spread and serve.