Here’s a dish that has quickly become one of the favorites of diners at Jobell. It’s sure to spice up what can sometimes be the rather 'puritanical' flavor profiles around a Thanksgiving spread. Enjoy!
Note: This recipe calls for a deep fryer, but you can sauté the sprouts in 1 to 2 tablespoons of canola oil in a deep cast iron skillet instead.
- 1 lb. Brussels sprouts, stem tips removed, halved
- 4 oz. sweet chili sauce
- 2 qt. peanut oil for deep frying
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced and lightly fried
- Bring a large pot of water to boil, and cook the halved Brussels sprouts for 5 minutes until tender but slightly firm. Drain well and set aside.
- Heat oil to 350° F. Carefully fry sprouts for 2 minutes or until golden brown. Remove sprouts from the oil with a slotted spoon into a large bowl.
- Pour the sweet chili sauce into the bowl and toss to combine. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve sprouts on a platter and garnish with lightly fried sliced garlic.
Jobell is located at 16920 Ranch Rd. 12, Wimberley.
To learn more about its menus and hours, visit www.jobellcafe.com.